How to Install Your Kitchen Splashback
Kitchen Splashbacks are a great way to give new life to your kitchen with a touch of vibrant colour. At Ship It Appliances, we offer iGlass kitchen splashbacks – which are very easy to fit. With adhesive backing, there is no need for you to purchase paste, mortar or grout.
Here are a few tips to ensure that fitting your new kitchen splashback goes according to plan:
Before You Begin...
- Double check the measurements of your splashback
- Prepare the counter by placing a piece of cardboard on top. This will protect it from any falling debris or other damage that can occur.
- It may be necessary to move your hob away from the wall to make the fitting process easier.
- If you are cutting the splashback to size, ensure that you wear safety glasses and hearing protection
- If any outlets or light switches are near the area that will host the backsplash, shut off their power
- Unplug the stove
Preparing the Walls
- Inspect your kitchen walls for any damage, and be sure to make the necessary repairs.
- Clean the walls with a mild soap
- If there are oil or grease stains, use a degreaser or primer
- Ensure that they are fully dry before sticking the adhesive to them
Splashbacks are available in a huge range of colours to suit the look of your kitchen. Browse our range of kitchen splashbacks.