SIA appliances are covered by a 5 year parts and 2 year labour guarantee*
* Applicable to appliances purchased after 1 Dec 2016 and subject to registration.
Terms and Conditions
• The product is guaranteed against defects in materials and/or workmanship. Any parts found to be defective will be repaired or replaced at our discretion.
• Parts are defined as mechanical/electrical parts only.
• Products registered outside the 30-day period will receive a 12-month parts and labour guarantee only. The 30-day period is calculated from the delivery date and not the installation date.
• Warranties in whole or part are non-transferrable.
• Following points must be/have been followed in order to qualify for the SIA Warranty:
– A suitably qualified professional has installed the appliance
– Installation has been carried out in accordance with the instructions and current legislations
– Proof of purchase can be produced when requested
– Appliance has been installed in a domestic environment (commercial environments are not covered)
– Modification or repair of the appliance by an unauthorised person has not been attempted
• If a fault is reported and an authorised SIA agent attends to the appliance, the service call fee will be charged to the customer IF there is no fault found with the appliance or the fault transpires to be due to misuse of the appliance or incorrect installation.
• Ship It Appliances retains the right to invalidate the warranty in the event of physical or verbal abuse towards any member of staff.
• The provision of services under the warranty neither extends the term of the warranty nor sets in motion a new warranty period. The warranty period for spare parts fitted ends with the expiry of the warranty on the appliance as a whole. The warranty remains effective from the date of delivery.
• On the occasion that a product is over 2 years old* and is considered to be beyond repair or uneconomical to repair, we will offer a replacement appliance and charge an appropriate monetary offset in respect of the period of use already enjoyed.
• All service calls organised by SIA must be carried out by an authorised SIA engineer.
* SIA will only replace the product free of charge if the item is less than 2 years old and was purchased after 01/12/2016.
• The guarantee does not cover the following:
– Damage by transport, misuse or improper installation and assembly
– Use of parts not used or recommended by SIA
– Routine maintenance, wear-and-tear, installation faults
– Consumables and cosmetic parts such as rubber seals, removable glass and/or plastic parts, fuses, filters, external hoses, baskets, trays, burner caps, burner bases, light bulbs etc. which all need replacing periodically as part of a routine maintenance
– Second hand or refurbished appliances
– Appliances used in non-domestic environments
– Faults due to accidental damage or misuse
– Damage caused by the appliance coming into contact with unsuitable materials
– Gas leaks not related to an SIA appliance
– Claims in respect of compensation of consequential loss, except where such liability is legally mandatory
– Any products transported and installed outside of UK
• The guarantee does not in any way affect your statutory legal rights.
• Registering your appliance
– Please register within 30 days of the purchase date in order to receive the extended warranty (we accept warranty cards by post or electronically)
– Please register all of your products on one warranty card if purchased at the same time
– Please enclose a copy of your proof of purchase
– Please ensure all sections are completed correctly
– We will be unable to register your product unless you provide us with full and accurate information
– Be sure to retain your original proof of purchase as this is required in order to organise a service call
The below table shows warranty restrictions due to non-domestic conditions.
|2 year labour & 5 year parts||2 year labour & 2 year parts||1 year labour & 1 year parts|
|Normal domestic sale and use|
|Rental or service apartment|
|Students not new build*|
|Students new build*|
|Students (non-communal) one student per kitchen|
|Semi-commercial e.g. school domestic science lab|
|Commercial environments||NOT COVERED|
|Installation of the appliance|
outside of UK
|SIA Warranty Department|
Unit B1, Concorde Way, Millennium Business Park, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 7JZ
Tel: 01623 625 658 Email: email@example.com